Head Counselor: Sharonda
Assistant Counselor: Rachel
Junior Counselors: Carli and Amelia
Some pictures from the summer so far…
Hello Fawns and Parents,
Welcome to Friends’ Central Tenderfoot Day Camp!
My name is Sharonda Smith-Sims (Ms. Sharonda) and I am the head counselor for the Fawn Bunk. This is my seventh year here at Tenderfoot Camp and I am so thrilled to be here. I have been teaching for over 16 years. Throughout the years I’ve taught grades ranging from preschool – 6th. There will be other wonderful counselors working with me throughout the summer (Rachel and Amelia). They will also help to make your child’s Tenderfoot Camp experience fun, exciting and memorable.
.We are very glad to have you join us this summer at Friends’ Central. To make your child (ren) as comfortable as possible, please review the following:
- ]Please label ALL of your child’s belongings (especially swim trunks and towels). This makes it easy to identify any mixed-up belongings and return it to the rightful owner.
- Please put a special marking on goggles and reapply, as needed so that there will not be any confusion.
- Please keep the colored band that is given to your child on their wrist, once they are given one. It helps the lifeguards with free swim. If it needs to be replaced for any reason, we are more than happy to do that.
- PLEASE APPLY SUNSCREEN DAILY BEFORE ARRIVAL, REGARDLESS OF WEATHER. WE WILL REAPPLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- Please send your child to camp in a bathing suit or swim trucks regardless of weather or if they think that they may not want to swim. Sometimes the weather changes or they change their minds about wanting to swim.
- Please send another bathing suit/swim trunks for afternoon swim. ANOTHER TOWEL ISN’T NEEDED
- Be sure to send in all lunches in a brown bag or a plastic bag . This makes for easy storage in the refrigerator as well as disposal after lunch. As for drinks…the children get their choice of ice water for snack and apple juice, milk, or ice water for lunchtime.
- Arrival is between 8:30-9:00 and dismissal is between 2:55-3:20. Please make sure to have your car sign visible, during drop off and pick up.
- Please be sure to send in a note or notify the office if you are picking up your child early. This makes it easier for staff to know what is going on and make any arrangements that are necessary.
We have many fun filled days ahead of us at Tenderfoot Camp. Thanks for your help in getting this summer off to a great beginning. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Have a fantastic summer….