Answers to last month’s RIP #4:
- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- They will wipe out the rat population before they’re finished.
- His daughter.
- If you end up with anything but “orange”, then you get 4 points.
All problems are 4 pts. There are now 300 RIP points!!!
300 = Still haven’t gotten any wrong, eh?
270-299 = If this was a test, you’d still have an A.
240-269 = Keep doing what you’re doing.
200-239 = You’ve been doing great!
150-199 = You can still catch up!
100-149 = About average so far.
50-99 = Keep trying!
11-49 = Remember to think.
1-10 = It’s okay, you got one or two
1 = No comment
-2 = Let’s just say that you should look at hints in the future.
This week’s Rage Inducing Puzzles are worth 100 RIP points!
- A student got a 30 and a 60 on two tests. His average was 45. His dad drove at 30 mph for 60 miles, then drove at 60 mph for 60 miles. What was his dad’s average speed? (Hint: It’s not 45 mph.)
- A rabbit is 1 foot long. He is in a race. The starting line is 100 feet away from the finish line. His back legs start on the starting line. In the first second, he runs halfway to the end, so he’s 50 feet away. However, he gets tired. In the second second, he only runs 25 feet. In fact, in every second, he runs only halfway to the finish line. Now, you may be thinking that he will never finish the race because if you keep getting halfway to something, you’ll never get to it, but in fact he finishes in 7 seconds! Why?
- Suppose you make a product that everyone likes. The boss at your job gives you an option. Either you can get a raise of $1,000 every year, or you can get a raise of $400 every six months. Which one do you pick?
- Which number comes next: 6561, 2187, 729, 243, 81, ?
- What is the greatest number that can’t be made by the formula (3*a)+(7*b), where b and a can be equal to any integers greater than or equal to 0?
- Three numbers a, b, and c are chosen so that a+b+c equals a*b*c. If b is smaller than a and bigger than c, what is (b+c)*a?
- Take a number. Multiply all of its digits together. Repeat until you have a single digit number. Then take the number of times you did that. Example: 372. 3*7*2=42. 4*2=8. I multiplied the digits 2 times, so the result is 2. What is the smallest number that when using this method, gives the result 6?
- Which number comes next: 545, 5, 109, 0.0459, 2369, 0.0000194, ?
- Which number comes next: 73856, 26353, 61738, 56263, 53617, ?
- How many squares are on a chessboard. (TRICK QUESTION ALERT!)
Latest posts by Seth Casel (see all)
- The Puzzle Adventures! - June 6, 2018
- Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon Review + New Pokemon Strategy - December 13, 2017
- Path of Puzzles 1 - November 8, 2017