Did you know that you can view and edit certain Google documents offline?
Whoa! That means you can edit a document without an Internet connection- but you must be using the Chrome browser. Not all Google drive files can be edited- just a document- but you can also view spreadsheets and other files in your drive once you’ve set up your drive for offline viewing. It only takes a few minutes to set up, and we highly recommend following the steps below:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right of your window
- Select Set up Docs offline from the drop-down menu
- The “Set up offline viewing of Google Docs” dialog will appear.
- Click the blue button that says Allow offline docs. After a few seconds, you’ll be able to move on to the next step.
- On the right side of the dialog, click the blue button that says Install from Chrome web store. If you already have the app installed, you won’t need to complete this step.
- You’ll be taken to the Chrome web store, where you’ll need to click Install on the right-hand side of the browser window.
- Once the app is installed, you’ll be taken to a Chrome page with the Google Docs app icon. Click the icon to go back to your Documents List.